29 Jul BASKING IN GOLD.
I’ve always been a non conformist. Growing up in the Philippines, with everyone wanting to be white, I always wanted to be tan. So this is where my makeup philosophy stems from.
For my everyday go-to look, I keep it simple but with a hint of that bronze glow. I opt for a BB cream instead of foundation and I keep my eyes and lips on a minimum.
- First I spritz some Skindinavia Makeup Primer Spray ($35). I let that set on my skin before I start applying anything onto it. I then squeeze a little bit of my Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint in Honey ($56) on a palette and grab a flat kabuki brush to blend it onto my face.
- Because I don’t need a crazy amount of concealer for my under eyes, I just use MAC’s Prep & Prime Highlighting Pen in Lightboost ($26) to do both concealing and highlighting for me. I proceed with Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Almond ($46) for contour and blend it out with my beauty blender.
- I then set my whole face with a translucent powder. I set the contour with my contour with Benefit’s Hoola Matte Bronzer ($29), lightly going over the parts of my face I’ve already contoured with the foundation stick. For blush, I use The Balm’s Hot Mama ($20) for the pink with subtle hints of gold kind of glow. For a subtle highlight, I draw tiny streaks of Benefit’s Watts Up! Cream Highlighter ($30).
- After using all the powder products, I spray a little bit of MAC’s Fix+ ($22) just to take away any powdery or cakey finishes on my face.
- While my face is still a little damp, I go ahead and do my brows at this point. I feel like this helps your brows hold the color of the product more. I use the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Warm Brunette ($34) along with MAC’s Brow Set Gel in Boy Girl ($17).
- I line my upper waterline with a brown liner and my lower waterline with a shimmery nude color since a plain nude one normally makes me look too animated.
- I layer up my mascara for this look because being in Manila means non-water proof or non water-resistant just makes it run. So I first get my Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Brush Mascara ($20) and to “seal it”, I use my Fairydrops Quattro Mascara ($24).
- Lastly, for my lips, I chose to go for a creamy satin finish rather than my go-to matte lipsticks. I used Gucci’s Audacious Lipstick in Rose Dragée ($39).
- To finish the look, I spray Skindinavia’s Makeup Finishing Spray in Bridal ($29) for that healthy dewy finish. It keeps the makeup looking flawless all day!
2,406 total views, 4 views today