19 Jul HAIRSTYLIST SPOTLIGHT: HENRI CALAYAG
1. How did you start?
I started 37 yrs ago,coming from a course at Marinello school of Cosmetology and my having some background on doing stage/character make up, fueled me to pursue the hairdressing career.
2. Where do you buy your tools and products?
I get my tools from a Japanese guy, its called Samurai.
3. Top 5 Must-haves in your kit?
Samurai scissors and good carbon combs
Tresemme keratin smooth shampoo and conditioner
Davines Natural Tech, purifying for oily and dry dandruff
Dumb Blond purple toning shampoo Bed Head
Bed Head sugar shock, hair bodyfying spray
4. What’s the best hair advice you know to be true?
Get a best haircut and cutter that will understand your hair needs. And can surprise you with different styles!
5. Favorite brands and why?
Aveda and Davines, its mostly organic and all sustainable
6. Famous clients?
Dawn Zulueta and Sam Eduque
7.Secrets you wouldn’t share with others?
8. Whose hair would you love to do?
9. How do you keep up with new trends?
I surf and search from social media and i love Instagram.
10. What are the techniques from the past that you cannot live without?
Can’t do without a good Blow Dry, its one art that’s not practice by new salons .
1,443 total views, 8 views today