29 Aug THE EYES HAVE IT.
How to contour your eyes.
Everybody contours their face, so why not your eyes, too? It will create that depth and allure that will have others thinking, “What did she do? She’s gorgeous!”
Learning how to make your eyes pop is definitely a skill worth having – and it’s not even about making the perfect smokey eye (we’ll get to that in the next article). If you have soft, neutral shades, we can already do so much to make your eyes pop. I will indicate what specific products I use, but feel free to use your holy grail items to replace them.
Here’s how to contour your eyes:
- Spray rose water to give your skin an instant moisturizing boost.
- Follow this up with a moisturizing primer (Make Up For Ever Hydrating Primer $37). Spread the primer evenly on your face, towards the hairline, and down the jaw line. Let it sit and hydrate your skin.
- To complement your eye look, we will have to do a little contouring on the face as well. Apply a very thin line of cream contour (Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Concealer in 6.5 $20) around your face, starting from your hairline down to your temples, until your reach your ear. From there, extend the line down towards your jaw line and towards the hollows of your cheekbones. Line the sides of your nose as well. Then blend, blend, blend!
- With a damp beauty blender, you can then proceed to apply your foundation (Estee Lauder’s Double Wear in Rattan $39.50).
- To neutralize any redness and/ or dark circles under your eyes, apply the appropriate corrector. On me, we used a concealer as a corrector (Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Concealer in 4.0 $20).
- Then after the corrector, apply your real concealer. Apply this on the dark circles of your eyes, sides of the nose, and sides of your mouth, the nasolabial folds.
- Set your makeup with translucent powder (Laura Mercier Translucent Powder $38).
- Seal the look with rose water or any makeup setting spray (NYX Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray $8 / Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray $30).
Now on to the fun part – contour!
Contouring the eyes
- Let’s build the perfect structure and canvas by filling in your eyebrows. Let’s make sure that they’re on-fleek! (Anastasia Beverly Hills Dark Brown Brow Powder Duo $23)
- Then choose a subtle, nude shade that’s very similar, but a shade darker than your skin tone. Sweep this lightly across the lid (Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow- Fawn $14 / Mac Soft Brown Eyeshadow $16).
- Then using an angled brush, create the contour with a windshield-wiper motion. Bring the color contour from the outer corner of your eye in. From the crease, you can then extend the color shadow to the bridge of your nose, and then down the sides. Then blend as if it’s not there.
- Then continue to build depth by adding more shadows. Focus on the outer V of the eyes.
- Voila! Subtle yet chic. You can finish up this simple, elegant look with eyeliner and mascara.
3,137 total views, 4 views today