06 Jun WHO SAYS OLD RITUALS DON’T WORK? A HAIR ROUTINE PASSED ON THROUGH TIME.
Even if you have ruined hair, you can get that healthy shine back with this simple trick I learned from my yaya.
For this hair tip, all you’ll need:
- Calamansi – For foreigners who have yet to come across this little fruit, calamansi is the pinoy’s everyday lime. It’s small and incredibly tart. (If you can’t find calamansi, you can use a regular lemon or lime.)
- Fresh coconut milk (Kakang gata)
- First, halve the calamansi and remove the seeds. Then rub the half all over your scalp, getting the juice down to the roots.
TIP: Don’t brush your hair or have your hair treated before doing this, to ensure that you won’t have any open wounds.
- Then let it sit for a while, letting your hair dry.
- After a few minutes, pour the fresh coconut milk all over your hair. Let it sit for as long as you can.
You can tie your hair up and put on a shower cap. Keep it on for at least two hours or as long as you can tolerate it.
- Finally, wash your hair. It’ll be shiny for sure! For best results, do this once a week or at least twice a month.
3,775 total views, 4 views today